[gptalk] Re: Disadvantages of Tattooing.

  • From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 06:49:42 -0800

Couldn't have said it better. You can take at look at this page on my site
that I wrote a while ago, which explains the mechanics of it, if you're
interested: http://www.gpoguy.com/faqs/tattoo.htm.

BTW, as a humorous aside, when us GP MVPs were last up in Redmond the GP
team asked us about the word "Preferences" and what they meant to us. Most
of us, of course, responded that they were tattooing policy values because
that's what they've been called forever. But enough folks didn't say that
they decided to give the "Group Policy Preferences" name to the upcoming
DesktopStandard PolicyMaker product. I thought (and still think) its
confusing because Preferences == Tattooing but I guess I'm not in marketing.