[gptalk] Disabling Computer Accounts

  • From: neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 16:03:53 -0000 (GMT)

Hi all,

Does anyone have any ideas on how best to achieve the following.

I need to make a computer that is intially built into the domain -
virtually unusable until it is placed in the correct OU.

I had thought of applying a very restrictive GPO to the default computers
OU which made it unusable but not quite sure which settings to apply and
if there are any issues with doing this.

It is bascially to stop people bypassing build procedures and policies and
not putting the computer into the correct OU.

Thanks for any thoughts :)