[gptalk] Disable Security Center Monitoring

  • From: "Nelson, Jamie R" <Jamie.Nelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 14:48:51 -0600

Does anyone know if I can selectively enable/disable monitoring of the
individual components in Security Center via Group Policy (ie. Automatic
Updates, Windows Firewall, Virus Protection)?

I want to enable Security Center on my domain PCs, but I don't want it
to monitor the Windows Firewall.

I found a site saying it can be disabled via the following registry
keys, but was wondering if there is a corresponding policy-aware key for
the same thing.

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\FirewallDisableNotify

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\FirewallOverride

Don't want to tattoo those settings unless I have to.

Jamie Nelson | Systems Engineer | Systems Support, Information
Technology | I N T E G R I S Health | Phone 405.552.0903 |
http://www.integrisok.com <http://www.integrisok.com/>

protection under state and federal law. This information is intended to be for
the use of the individual named above. If you are not the intended recipient,
be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of
this information is prohibited and may be punishable by law. If you have
received this electronic transmission in error, please notify us immediately by
electronic mail (reply).