[gptalk] Disable IE Automatically Detect Settings

  • From: "WATSON, BEN" <bwatson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 11:00:03 -0700

I simply need to uncheck that box in the IE connection settings.

I created a user based group policy with these two objects set

User Configuration/Windows Settings/Internet Explorer
Maintenance/Connection/Connection Settings...  and imported the setting
with that box unchecked.

User Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Internet
Explorer/Disable changing Automatic Configuration settings...  and
enabled this setting.

The policy does indeed prevent people from mucking with the settings,
however it doesn't uncheck the box like I would like.

Am I missing something here?  Is there a separate setting I should be
using to accomplish this?