[gptalk] Digitalcameras Terminalserver

  • From: "SIMI Michael P. Schieferer" <SIMI@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 13:09:03 +0200

Hello!

We're in the need to use Digital Cameras (and maybe USB Scanner) on our
Terminalservers. For security reasons we've disabled all the
Client/Server mappings for the RDP Connection. As we're just in a
ThinClient project we cannot use the Camera local any longer (as the
Thinclients are Windows CE).

Is there any convenient way to use such Devices as Cameras without
allowing the user to map their local Devices into the RDP Session?

Another annoyance: If no Driver for the Camera is installed, Windows
will recognize it as an Removable Diskdrive. No problem so far. But if
an driver is installed the Camera is no longer an removable Device but
an Camera (per WIA) instead. How to use such devices (Scanner is another
example).

best regards

SIMI
Stv. EDV-Leitung
IT-Executive

[p] +43 (6246) 8966 - 617
[f] +43 (6246) 8966 - 10
[@] simi@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:simi@xxxxxxxxxx>
[w] http://www.digital-elektronik.com/
<http://www.digital-elektronik.com/>

Digital Elektronik Ges.m.b.H.
Berchtesgadner Str. 10
5083 Gartenau / Salzburg / Austria

Der Inhalt dieser E-Mail ist vertraulich und ausschliesslich fuer den
bezeichneten Adressaten bestimmt. Wenn Sie nicht der vorgesehene
Adressat dieser E-Mail oder dessen Vertreter sein sollten, beachten Sie
bitte, dass jede Form der Kenntnisnahme, Veroeffentlichung,
Vervielfaeltigung oder Weitergabe des Inhalts dieser E-Mail unzulaessig
ist. Wir bitten Sie, sich in diesem Fall mit dem Absender der E-Mail in
Verbindung zu setzen.

The information contained in this email is confidential. It is intended
solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is
unauthorized. If you are not the intended reciient, any form of
disclosure, reporduction, distribution or any action taken or refrained
from in reliance on it, is prohibited and my be unlawful. Please notify
the sender immediately.