[gptalk] Re: Determining if Group Policy Deployment is right for us....

  • From: "Matt Walker" <Matt.Walker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 08:51:34 -0500

Thanks all those who responded to my inquiries.

Packaging the components into an .msi is not a problem as that is my
forte.  I can get any update/upgrade packages to interact properly as
well.

So it seems that once the pieces are obtained and packaged, I want to
Assign the software to Computers, which will require a reboot.  I'm not
seeing this as a problem despite the fact one of the earlier
requirements is no reboot (if possible).  The way I see it, I am trying
my hardest to prevent the user from having to spend extra $$.  If they
have to live with a reboot, so be it.  Otherwise, they can handle the
deployment themselves by some other means.  I don't envision being able
to satisfy everyone so I'm seeing the reboot as a non-issue at this
time.

I have downloaded the whitepaper mentioned earlier and will read through
today.

Thanks for all of the help.  I'm sure I'll be back! :-)

Matt Walker
Installation Development
Synergis Software
472 California Road | Quakertown, PA 18951
Phone: 215.529.9900, x192 | 800.836.5440
Fax:    215.536.9249
http://www.synergis-adept.com/
Simple, Powerful Document Management
This message (and any associated files) is intended only for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that
is confidential, subject to copyright or constitutes a trade secret. If you are
not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
copying or distribution of this message, or files associated with this message,
notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your
computer. Messages sent to and from us may be monitored.
Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
incomplete, or contain viruses. Therefore, we do not accept responsibility for
any errors or omissions that are present in this message, or any attachment,
that have arisen as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is
required, please request a hard-copy version. Any views or opinions presented
are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the
company.