[gptalk] Re: Determining group associated with a GPO

  • From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 06:58:27 -0700

Ian-

So, if I follow what you are doing, you are querying AD for all
packageRegistration objects, querying their product codes and using that as
a key to associate package to registry entry on the clients? Then you are
determining what GPO that packageRegistration object is in by parsing the DN
of that that object?

What is your 'QAD script'? Anyway, it sounds like you have found a solution.
There is probably a better solution by using the registry metadata on the
client to determine which GPO a package is part of and whether the client is
getting that GPO, but you seem to have a way forward, so I won't mess with
it J

Darren