[gptalk] Re: Determining Who Has Run a Login Script

  • From: "EIS Lists" <eis_lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 15:21:21 -0700

Thanks for all the suggestions.

From: gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Gray Troutman
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2007 1:48 PM
To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gptalk] Re: Determining Who Has Run a Login Script

Netlogon is write protected, that was why I suggested a subfolder that you
would give write access to or using a share somewhere else, it really
doesn't make any difference where it goes.  As for two users writing at the
same time, this is a matter of milliseconds, and with only about 100 users I
didn't think the chances of that were incredibly high.

On 10/22/07, Jakob H. Heidelberg <jakob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

SYSTEM wouldn't be able to access the network I guess - NETLOGON can be
"opened" with NTFS rights, but I wouldn't recommend this of course. Use
another share somewhere!

The ECHO method is OK (and other writes to flat files), but exactly WHAT
happens when 2 users try to write to the file at once - write failure for
one of them is my guess.

Best regards

/Jakob