[gptalk] Re: Determining Who Has Run a Login Script

  • From: "MONTGOMERY, RONALD [AG/1000]" <ronald.montgomery@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 15:50:02 -0500

Good point. You can have file locking and dropped writes to the log
file.

In the past I've had each instance of an executed script create a log
file (dynamically named after the computer the instance ran on) in a
directory.  So for example you have Directory A, and in Directory A you
have log files for Computer1, Computer2, and Computer2.

Then I ran a second script from my workstation. This script parsed the
text files in the directory and consolidated the results into a text
file or excel spreadsheet.

It was an extra step, but it guaranteed no loss of data from file
locking.