[gptalk] Re: Desktop Wallpaper Security Risk?

  • From: Steven Bastille <bastills@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 13:31:04 -0700 (PDT)

At my organization we tackled this as an HR issue versus a security risk.
Allowing open access to changing the wallpaper opens the management up to
having to police the images someone puts on the desktop. What is acceptable to
one is offensive to another. By setting a company standard and enforcing it
universally, you can eliminate this potential. It can be a tough fight, but if
you get proper management support, it should be accepted.