[gptalk] Desktop Standard Tool

  • From: "Martin Hugo" <Martin_Hugo@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 10:27:45 -0400

I thought I would share this with the list.

Desktopstandard is a company that makes Gp Pol tools.  It has a policy
maker registry extension that makes it really easy to push out registry
changes to clients via Gp Policy.

You can download the free tool at
http://www.desktopstandard.com/PolicyMakerRegistryExtension.aspx

It requires installation on your Gp Pol editing machine and does require a
small client piece to be deployed, but this can be assigned through Gp Pol
of course :)

It also has a Registry Wizard that will allow you to "pull" registry
settings from a local or remote computer for inclusion in the Gp Pol.

It installs in a snap and makes those tweaks really easy.

Martin T. Hugo
Network Administrator
Hilliard City Schools
Tel: 614-921-7102