[gptalk] Re: "Deny access to this computer from the network" User Rights Assignment Setting

  • From: jpsalemi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 14:44:57 -0600

I don't have a document, but I believe it blocks access on a particular
port, maybe 135.

From what I remember it blocks share access, and offer remote assistance
(the offer remote assistance was the reason I had to look into it),  but
not rdp,

John

             "MONTGOMERY,
             RONALD [AG/1000]"
             <ronald.montgomer                                          To
             y@xxxxxxxxxxxx>           <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
             gptalk-bounce@fre
             elists.org                                            Subject
                                       [gptalk] "Deny access to this
                                       computer from the network" User
             02/16/2007 11:51          Rights Assignment Setting
             AM

             Please respond to
             gptalk@freelists.
                    org

Can anyone point me to a document that enumerates how this policy works
under the hood?

Thanks!

Ronald D. Montgomery
Workstation Engineer
Monsanto Company
Enterprise Infrastructure
P: 314.694.4250
E: ronald.montgomery@xxxxxxxxxxxx

This e-mail message may contain privileged and/or confidential information,
and is intended to be received only by persons entitled to receive such
information. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender immediately. Please delete it and all attachments from any servers,
hard drives or any other media. Other use of this e-mail by you is strictly
prohibited.

All e-mails and attachments sent and received are subject to monitoring,
reading and archival by Monsanto. The recipient of this e-mail is solely
responsible for checking for the presence of "Viruses" or other "Malware".
Monsanto accepts no liability for any damage caused by any such code
transmitted by or accompanying this e-mail or any attachment.