[gptalk] Re: "Deny access to this computer from the network" User Rights Assignment Setting

  • From: Darren Mar-Elia <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 14:47:47 -0800

Right. Good question. I have never tested beyond file and print serving and 
authentication.


-----Original message-----
From: "MONTGOMERY, RONALD [AG/1000]" ronald.montgomery@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 14:02:37 -0500
To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gptalk] Re: "Deny access to this computer from the network" User 
Rights Assignment Setting

> Darren,
> Thanks.
> I'm looking more for a low-level view of the policy setting:
> specifically what methods of remote access are restricted (for example,
> RDP is logical but that's a separate setting) and system changes when
> the policy is applied.
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
> On Behalf Of Darren Mar-Elia
> Sent: Friday, February 16, 2007 3:19 PM
> To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [gptalk] Re: "Deny access to this computer from the network"
> User Rights Assignment Setting
> 
> The Access this Computer from the Network right allows a user to
> remotely connect to a machine's resources (e.g. authenticating to a
> machine to map one of its shares). So, the Deny of that basically
> explicitly prevents a given user or group from connecting remotely to a
> machine that has this right set.
> 
> -----Original message-----
> From: "MONTGOMERY, RONALD [AG/1000]" ronald.montgomery@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 12:50:56 -0500
> To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [gptalk] "Deny access to this computer from the network" User
> Rights Assignment Setting
> 
> > Can anyone point me to a document that enumerates how this policy
> works
> > under the hood? 
> > 
> > Thanks!
> > 
> > Ronald D. Montgomery
> > Workstation Engineer
> > Monsanto Company 
> > Enterprise Infrastructure
> > P: 314.694.4250
> > E: ronald.montgomery@xxxxxxxxxxxx 
> > 
> > 
> >
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> ---------------------------------
> > This e-mail message may contain privileged and/or confidential
> information, and is intended to be received only by persons entitled to
> receive such information. If you have received this e-mail in error,
> please notify the sender immediately. Please delete it and all
> attachments from any servers, hard drives or any other media. Other use
> of this e-mail by you is strictly prohibited.
> > 
> > 
> > All e-mails and attachments sent and received are subject to
> monitoring, reading and archival by Monsanto. The recipient of this
> e-mail is solely responsible for checking for the presence of "Viruses"
> or other "Malware". Monsanto accepts no liability for any damage caused
> by any such code transmitted by or accompanying this e-mail or any
> attachment.
> >
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> ---------------------------------
> > 
> > ***********************
> > You can unsubscribe from gptalk by sending email to
> gptalk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field OR
> by logging into the freelists.org Web interface. Archives for the list
> are available at http://www.freelists.org/archives/gptalk/
> 
> > ************************
> 
> ***********************
> You can unsubscribe from gptalk by sending email to
> gptalk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field OR
> by logging into the freelists.org Web interface. Archives for the list
> are available at http://www.freelists.org/archives/gptalk/
> ************************
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> This e-mail message may contain privileged and/or confidential information, 
> and is intended to be received only by persons entitled to receive such 
> information. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the 
> sender immediately. Please delete it and all attachments from any servers, 
> hard drives or any other media. Other use of this e-mail by you is strictly 
> prohibited.
> 
> 
> All e-mails and attachments sent and received are subject to monitoring, 
> reading and archival by Monsanto. The recipient of this e-mail is solely 
> responsible for checking for the presence of "Viruses" or other "Malware". 
> Monsanto accepts no liability for any damage caused by any such code 
> transmitted by or accompanying this e-mail or any attachment.
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> ***********************
> You can unsubscribe from gptalk by sending email to 
> gptalk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field OR by 
> logging into the freelists.org Web interface. Archives for the list are 
> available at http://www.freelists.org/archives/gptalk/
> ************************

***********************
You can unsubscribe from gptalk by sending email to 
gptalk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field OR by 
logging into the freelists.org Web interface. Archives for the list are 
available at http://www.freelists.org/archives/gptalk/
************************

Other related posts: