[gptalk] Delete a Custom ADM policy

  • From: tamerm@xxxxxxxx
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 09:56:52 +0200

I try to add a registry key to a registry using the ADM file, but I write
a wrong path to the registry key.

I tried to remove the custom ADM from the GP and manually delete the
registry key from the clients computers using REG DELETE. But I found that
the client computer is still having that key in the registry after
restarting?

What is the best way to do the following:-
1- Remove the incorrect ADM from the GP.
2- Remove the incorrect key from clients computers.
3- Reapplying the ADM after correcting the registry key.

The incorrect ADM is:
CLASS MACHINE
CATEGORY "Windows Components"
CATEGORY "Terminal Services"
KEYNAME "SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Terminal Services"

POLICY !!ALLOW_TSMANAGER
#if version >= 4
SUPPORTED !!WinXP
#endif
EXPLAIN !!ALLOW_TSMANAGER_EXPLAIN
ACTIONLISTON
VALUENAME "AllowRemoteRPC" VALUE NUMERIC 1
END ACTIONLISTON
ACTIONLISTOFF
VALUENAME "AllowRemoteRPC" VALUE NUMERIC 0
END ACTIONLISTOFF
END POLICY

End Category
End Category

[strings]
WinXP="At least Windows XP Professional or Windows 2003 Server"
ALLOW_TSMANAGER="Allow access from Terminal Services Manager"
ALLOW_TSMANAGER_EXPLAIN="Allows administrators to use the Terminal
Services Manager to remote control the user session."

The correct ADM is:
CLASS MACHINE
CATEGORY "Windows Components"
CATEGORY "Terminal Services"
KEYNAME "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server"

POLICY !!ALLOW_TSMANAGER
#if version >= 4
SUPPORTED !!WinXP
#endif
EXPLAIN !!ALLOW_TSMANAGER_EXPLAIN
ACTIONLISTON
VALUENAME "AllowRemoteRPC" VALUE NUMERIC 1
END ACTIONLISTON
ACTIONLISTOFF
VALUENAME "AllowRemoteRPC" VALUE NUMERIC 0
END ACTIONLISTOFF
END POLICY

End Category
End Category

[strings]
WinXP="At least Windows XP Professional or Windows 2003 Server"
ALLOW_TSMANAGER="Allow access from Terminal Services Manager"
ALLOW_TSMANAGER_EXPLAIN="Allows administrators to use the Terminal
Services Manager to remote control the user session."

This is an e-mail from General Dynamics Land Systems. It is for the intended
recipient only and may contain confidential and privileged information.  No one
else may read, print, store, copy, forward or act in reliance on it or its
attachments.  If you are not the intended recipient, please return this message
to the sender and delete the message and any attachments from your computer.
Your cooperation is appreciated.