[gptalk] Re: Delays when using GPMC on Vista/2008

  • From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 13:58:31 -0700

Well, if that is the case, I wonder if it isn't some environmental issue. If
you consistently get those delays only from Vista/2008, then it might be
worthwile to do a sniffer trace from that problem workstation while you're
generating a settings report and see where that time is being spent. Also,
there IS some logging you can enable on GPMC. I don't know if it would
capture this issue specifically but check out my gpolog.adm file-it exposes
the various logs that are available for GPMC and you can enable those on the
workstation or server showing the delays and see what turns up.

The ADM is at www.gpoguy.com/gpolog.htm

Darren