[gptalk] Re: Define Roaming Profile with GPO

  • From: "Omar Droubi" <omar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 14:35:33 -0700

Steve,

What is the driving factor for this particular roaming profile need?

I would assume that you want each user to be able to log on to any of
the lab machines and get their same settings- but what is included in
those settings that is most critical?

Instead of managing the entire profile location- maybe you can use
loopback processing for the lab computers and set particular things like
folder redirection, Outlook prf files, deploy printer GPO functions and
in conjunction of a properly configured default and All Users profile
and logon and logoff scripts you may be able to get most if not all of
the functionality you require.

Omar