[gptalk] Default Domain Policy is missing.

  • From: Richard Grinnell <rwgrinnell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 13:43:23 -0800 (PST)

Recently while trying to set password policy, I found I have no Default Domain

When I run Group Policy Management It says: "No settings defined."  for both
computer and user configuration.

When I click on "Default Domain Policy" under "Group Policy Objects",  The
dialog box says: "The system cannot find the file specified."
I have a GP object created to set the proxy server for users that is working
and is configurable.

How do get the Default Domain Policy back?

I have 3 Windows Server 2003 and 1 2000 domain controllers.  The 2k DC will
soon be retired.

Richard Grinnell
Placer Hills School District