[gptalk] Re: Default Domain Policy inaccessible

  • From: "Robert Mariani" <rmariani@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 13:31:14 +1000 (EST)

Piet,
  Take a look at this article
http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsServer/en/library/06f38ca3-7b67-433d-be24-947a28614c3e1033.mspx?mfr=true

I believe the tool that you are looking for is Dcgpofix.exe - it will allow you
to recreate the default domain policy and default DC policy

Regards
Robert

On Sat, April 21, 2007 1:08 pm, Piet Slaghekke
said:

Hello everyone,

I am new to this list! My
name is Piet (from Holland) but working at a small boarding school here in the
US.

I am having problems entering
my default domain policy (I know, it is bad practice editing this policy!, I
have
learned the hard way ) Anyways.... I had been editing this policy with no
problems and
all of sudden I get the message that I don't have the right security privileges
to enter
this gpo anymore. So I believe it is corrupt.

I need to make changes to it
and would like to recreate the default policy and then start with the good
practice of
creating separate gpo's and not touching the default gpo anymore.

How can I best go by doing
this?

thanks in advance for any
help I can get on this.