[gptalk] Default Domain Policy

  • From: "Tappmeyer, Stephen [GCG-NAOT]" <stephen.tappmeyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 12:47:44 -0500

In my default domain policy, I have defined an "Interactive logon:
Message text for users attempting to log on" and an "Interactive logon:
Message title for users attempting to log on".

This is working correctly, but I have been asked to provide an exception
for a few workstations to allow for an auto logon to those workstations
with a specific account. (Currently the message must be acknowledged.)

I believe that since this is the default domain that is enforced, I
cannot provided an exception unless I link another GPO to the root and
ensure that the link order lists this new GPO above the default domain
policy.   (Security Filtering would be to a specific group to which
machine accounts would be added for the exception.)

What is the impact of adding this exception to after the Default Domain?

Are there any other options?