[gptalk] Re: Default DC Policy

  • From: "Robert Mariani" <rmariani@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 10:23:11 +1000 (EST)

Hi Darren,
  I have tried the suedo secutiry filtering change but to no avail
which made me think that i would have to do a manual security change.

I will
replace all child objects with the security of the GUID named folder.

I will
report back shortly

Robert

On Thu, August 31, 2006
10:11 am, Darren Mar-Elia said:

Yes, the security should be same all on files underneath the GUID named folder
in SYSVOL and its typically inherited from the GUID-named folder level (i.e.
each
GUID-named folder set its own ACLs, which makes sense). One thing you might try
is, from
GPMC, open each GPO from the Group Policy Objects container and make a security
filtering change. You could just change something and then change it back, and
see if
that stamps the proper ACLs on the files in SYSVOL.

Darren

From: "Robert Mariani"
rmariani@xxxxxxxxxxx
gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [gptalk] Re: Default DC Policy
>

>> Hi Darren - I have given Authenticated Users
read access to this file
>> and a gpoupdate /force applies without error.

>> should this file have that security on it as my default
domain policy

Mar-Elia said:
>> > Robert-
>> > You might want to check
the
>> following:
>> >
>> > 1) that the
registry.pol file is actually there
>> > 2) that the permissions that
appear on it look ok (that System and
>> > Authenticated

Users
>> > have at least Read access to it)
>> >
>> > If the above are
>> true, then you might want to download my
polviewer utility on my site
>> > and use
>> it to try and
open that registry.pol file. If the file format is

-----Original

From:
"Robert Mariani" rmariani@xxxxxxxxxxx
>> > Date: Tue, 29 Aug
2006 23:05:12 -0400

Subject: [gptalk] Default DC Policy

>> having to do
an

Veritas Backup Exec
>> playing up a bit?

DC's apply the default domain contollers policy

>> it is an error 1043

registry policy file,

\sysvol\\Policies\{6AC1786C-016F-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9}

> \Machine\registry.pol.

denied. ).

>> see Help and Support Center at

>> to correct??

Thanks

> freelists.org Web
interface.

>> > Archives for the list are available at
>> //www.freelists.org/archives/gptalk/

> by logging into the freelists.org Web
interface. Archives for the list
> are available at
//www.freelists.org/archives/gptalk/
logging into the freelists.org Web interface.