[gptalk] Re: Default DC Policy

  • From: "Robert Mariani" <rmariani@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 10:03:43 +1000 (EST)

hi all - i am still seeing errors from security related issues.

If i check the event viewer of a pc i am seeing Userenv error relating to access
denied on registery.POL files of various GPOs.

I have checked the securities
on the directories under  Sysvol\policies\<GUID> and they
correspond back to the secutities and group in GPMC - but if i check other
securities
esp the registery.pol file they may be different than what is applied at the
GPO or on
the GUID directory

Should the files and folders beneith
Sysvol\policies\<GUID> be the same as that directory?

Should i consider
replacing securites on all child objects for each GUID in the policy directory
- using
the advanced security settings?

thanks in advance

Robert

On Wed, August 30, 2006 3:10 pm, Delaney, Doug
said:
> if the domain is 2003, the "Enterprise Domain Controllers"
group has
> read access...
>

> Doug Delaney
> GM Desktop Engineering
> Global Client Engineering GM
> 1075 W.
Entrance Dr., MS 2B, Cube 2130
> Auburn Hills, MI 48326
> Lab:
248-365-9187

Mail: Doug.Delaney@xxxxxxx

> Note: The information in this email is
intended solely for the
> addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is
unauthorized. If you
> are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or