[gptalk] Re: Default DC Policy

  • From: Darren Mar-Elia <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 23:10:46 -0800

Robert-
You might want to check the following:

1) that the registry.pol file is actually there
2) that the permissions that appear on it look ok (that System and
Authenticated Users have at least Read access to it)

If the above are true, then you might want to download my polviewer utility on
my site and use it to try and open that registry.pol file. If the file format
is corrupted, then it will report that and you know that the file is no good
and probably needs to be rebuilt.

Darren