[gptalk] Custom ADM policy for Terminal Services sessions only

  • From: "Scott Bailey" <sbailey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 21:02:31 -0500

Hello All,
I have created a custom ADM file for mapping network printers for our
Windows 2003 terminal services.

1. I want the policy to only get applied to the terminal services
sessions and not the workstations the end users is logging on to. It is
currently doing both.
2. Is there a way to modify the KEYNAME using the GPMC instead of coding
it in the ADM file for future need of printer change outs.
I have 4 different printers so I have 4 ADM files, I cannot use loopback
processing.

Thanks for any input on this!

===================================
CLASS USER
CATEGORY "Windows Components"
CATEGORY "Terminal Services"
CATEGORY "Custom Installed Printers"

KEYNAME "Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows"

POLICY "PrinterName"

 #if version >= 4
 SUPPORTED !!TS_SUPPORTED_Win2k3_Sp1
 #endif

EXPLAIN !!PrinterDef
   PART "Default Printer"
   EDITTEXT
   DEFAULT "\\Server\PrinterName,winspool,Ne11
<file://server/PrinterName,winspool,Ne11> :"
   VALUENAME "Device"
   END PART

   KEYNAME "Printers\Connections\,,Server,PrinterName"
   PART "Provider"
   EDITTEXT
   DEFAULT "win32spl.dll"
   VALUENAME "Provider"
   END PART

   PART "Server"
   EDITTEXT
   DEFAULT "\\Server <file://server/> "
   VALUENAME "Server"
   END PART

END POLICY
END CATEGORY
END CATEGORY
END CATEGORY

[strings]
User="User"
TS_SUPPORTED_Win2k3_Sp1="At least Microsoft Windows Server 2003 with
SP1"
PrinterDef="Definition

DISCLAIMER:
This electronic mail message and any attached files contain information
intended for the exclusive use of the intended addressee and may contain
information that is proprietary, privileged, confidential and/or exempt from
disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any viewing, copying, disclosure or distribution of
this information may be subject to legal restriction or sanction.  Please
notify sender if you are an unintended recipient and delete the original
message without making copies.  Thank you.