[gptalk] Configure Adv Firewall

  • From: "Steve Evans" <scevans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 11:32:23 -0700

I'm trying to configure the "Windows Firewall with Advanced Security" for my
Win2k8 servers via GPO.  When you create a new rule one of the options is to
choose a set of Predefined rules.  Some of those predefined rule sets are
obvious (File & Print Sharing for example), but others are not as clear
(what's the difference between Remote Administration, and Remove Event Log
Management for example).  I've been searching google all morning trying to
find a definition of the different predefined rules to no avail.  Can anyone
help me?

Steve Evans