[gptalk] Re: Computer shows up in AD search but not GPO Delegation search

  • From: "Omar Droubi" <omar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 12:56:16 -0700

Your Statement "Note, that the computer names that did show up were
imported from a vbs script."

Do you mean that the computers that showed up were created using a
script as opposed to creation using AD users and Computers or created by
joining a workstation to the domain?

If so there may be a few ways to understand this as I have seen this
before using some portal products:

1.     I would do an LDIFDE export of the computer objects that were
created by the script to check which object classes they belong to

Or

2.     I have seen service accounts- actual user accounts- created by
3rd party applications that for some reason or another produce a
computer icon in AD users & Computers- but I was not able to reproduce
that myself.

Glad to help

Omar