[gptalk] Re: Computer Versus User configuration...

  • From: Shane Williford <shane.williford@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 06:41:43 -0500

Deepu,
The basic difference (and others can comment if there's more to it than my
understanding) is this:
For User Config, the policy follows the user; so, no matter where the user logs
in, the policy will be applied.
For Comp Config, the policy applies to only specific computers. So, if a user
goes to log into a different computer, he/she may or may not get the policy
applied depending on if the computer falls in the proper OU the policy is set
to.

Hope that helps.

Shane M. Williford
Systems Administrator