[gptalk] Re: Computer Policy Stuck on Machine? (corrected)

  • From: "Thomas Marantz" <TomMarantz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 10:36:51 -0700

As Darren mentioned, do you have anything in your Applications Event
Log?

From: Bobby Benninger <bobby.benninger@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 1:13 PM
Subject: Computer Policy Stuck on Machine?
To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi folks, I created a group policy to roll out the Office Compatibility
Pack for 2007 (O12Conv.MSI).

I created a new OU to test, put my machine name in it, and created an
assigned software install for this MSI.

The policy applied at startup but the software never installed. When I
run rsop.msc it shows what I think is a pending software assignment
(please see rsop.jpg). If I look at the advanced deployment options I
get what is in the "script info.jpg".

I have deleted the GPO and rebooted my machine several times and run
gpupdate /force, but I still get the same info in rsop.msc, also I had
some replication issues but those have been resolved.

Is there an issue with the policy stuck on my machine and could you give
me some suggestions how to remove it (so I can re-create the GPO and
test installing the 012Conv.MSI)? Should I delete the policy folder
"{8062B822-1E92-48D7-B535-610092827A9A}" off of Sysvol?

Thanks so much for your help!

 - bob