[gptalk] Computer Policy Stuck on Machine?

  • From: "Bobby Benninger" <bobby.benninger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 13:13:09 -0400

Hi folks, I created a group policy to roll out the Office Compatibility Pack
for 2007 (O12Conv.MSI).

I created a new OU to test, put my machine name in it, and created an
assigned software install for this MSI.

The policy applied at startup but the software never installed. When I run
rsop.msc it shows what I think is a pending software assignment (please see
rsop.jpg). If I look at the advanced deployment options I get what is in the
"script info.jpg".

I have deleted the GPO and rebooted my machine several times and run
gpupdate /force, but I still get the same info in rsop.msc, also I had some
replication issues but those have been resolved.

Is there an issue with the policy stuck on my machine and could you give me
some suggestions how to remove it (so I can re-create the GPO and test
installing the 012Conv.MSI)? Should I delete the policy folder
"{8062B822-1E92-48D7-B535-610092827A9A}" off of Sysvol?

Thanks so much for your help!

 - bob