[gptalk] Re: Check if GPO is applied on a workstation

  • From: "Martin Hugo" <Martin_Hugo@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 07:44:40 -0500

How about having your policy create a simple text file as a last step, and
then use your tool to check for that (of course you could do the same
check with a simple batchfile called by a login script).

Martin T. Hugo
Network Administrator
Hilliard City Schools
Tel: 614-921-7102
Martin_Hugo@xxxxxxxx

gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>Right, but what I need is a way to check a file or a registry key in an 
>automated manner remotely as part overall policy and compliance check.
>
>
>>From: pierre.camilleri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>Reply-To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>Subject: [gptalk] Re: Check if GPO is applied on a workstation
>>Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 16:07:14 +0100
>>
>>Do you have the Group Policy Management Console installed? It is where
>the
>>Group Policy/ies were created. You now have Group Policy Results. Right
>>click on it and select Group Policy Results Wizard. Select the
>workstation
>>you want to query and you should get what you're asking for.
>>
>>Pierre
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>"Dev Null" <thyrymn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>>Sent by: gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>08/03/2007 16:00
>>Please respond to
>>gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>
>>
>>To
>>gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>cc
>>
>>Subject
>>[gptalk] Re: Check if GPO is applied on a workstation
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>How exactly would this work since I can only read a file or a registry
>>key?
>>
>>
>> >From: pierre.camilleri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> >Reply-To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> >To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> >Subject: [gptalk] Re: Check if GPO is applied on a workstation
>> >Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 15:52:27 +0100
>> >
>> >Use Group Policy Results from the Group Policy Management Console.
>> >
>> >Regards
>> >Pierre
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >"Dev Null" <thyrymn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>> >Sent by: gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> >08/03/2007 15:49
>> >Please respond to
>> >gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> >
>> >
>> >To
>> >gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> >cc
>> >
>> >Subject
>> >[gptalk] Check if GPO is applied on a workstation
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >Hello.
>> >
>> >I have a situation where I need to regularly check the status of GPO on
>> >4,000 some workstations.  I have a "compliance checker" product that
>can
>> >read files and registry keys (but not the event log) out of the box.
>> >
>> >Is there a place where I can look to see the following information:
>> >
>> >1.  Which GPO is currently applied to the workstation
>> >and
>> >2. When it was last applied?
>> >
>> >Thanks,
>> >Thy
>> >
>> >_________________________________________________________________
>> >The average US Credit Score is 675. The cost to see yours: $0 by
>>Experian.
>> >
>>
>>http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=660600&bcd=EMAILFOOTERAVERAGE
>> >
>> >
>> >***********************
>> >You can unsubscribe from gptalk by sending email to
>> >gptalk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field OR
>>by
>> >logging into the freelists.org Web interface. Archives for the list are
>> >available at http://www.freelists.org/archives/gptalk/
>> >************************
>> >
>>
>>_________________________________________________________________
>>Mortgage rates as low as 4.625% - Refinance $150,000 loan for $579 a
>>month.
>>Intro*Terms
>>https://www2.nextag.com/goto.jsp?product=100000035&url=%2fst.jsp&tm=y&search=mortgage_text_links_88_h27f6&disc=y&vers=743&s=4056&p=5117
>>
>>
>>***********************
>>You can unsubscribe from gptalk by sending email to
>>gptalk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field OR
>by
>>logging into the freelists.org Web interface. Archives for the list are
>>available at http://www.freelists.org/archives/gptalk/
>>************************
>>
>
>_________________________________________________________________
>The average US Credit Score is 675. The cost to see yours: $0 by
>Experian. 
>http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=660600&bcd=EMAILFOOTERAVERAGE
>
>***********************
>You can unsubscribe from gptalk by sending email to
>gptalk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field OR
>by logging into the freelists.org Web interface. Archives for the list
>are available at http://www.freelists.org/archives/gptalk/
>************************


Other related posts: