[gptalk] Re: Check if GPO is applied on a workstation

  • From: "Alan & Margaret" <syspro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 07:52:45 +1100

Thy,

There are a set of registry keys on XP machines held under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Group
Policy\History which contain all of the info about when policies were last
applied. However it is a little hard to interpret since it uses GUID names
rather than Policy names. Our free tool Policy Log Reporter will read the
keys for a given machine and display them. Darren has a similar tool.

However, if you want to do it in an automated way across 4,000 machines ,
then you could look at our other tool PolMan. It has a facility to scan all
machines and display what policies are in place on each machine and whether
it is the latest version of that policy. You can download it for a free
trial just to see how many machines are wrong.

Alan Cuthbertson

Policy Management Software (PolMan):-

http://www.sysprosoft.com/index.php?ref=activedir
<http://www.sysprosoft.com/index.php?ref=activedir&f=pol_summary.shtml>