[gptalk] Re: Can't setup and share Local Printer

  • From: Robert Tannehill <rtannehill@xxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 08:29:11 -0800

DinhDuy,
I'm pretty sure accounts in the local Users group cannot perform this.
Users can load printers from network print servers but cannot load local
printers or share them.  You may have to make them Power Users, which
opens perhaps more permissions than you want them to have.  Do a search on
the Microsoft web site for "default security settings".  There's an
article that has a short review of user group rights - I'm sure you can
find better ones, though.

Bob
CSC Server Support Engineering