[gptalk] Re: Can Group Policy Settings be accessed and set from an application

  • From: "Webmaster eSupport" <web-master@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 12:08:15 -0400

In Vista, there is configuration parameter "Turn Off Program Compatibility
Assistant" defined as a group policy under Computer
Configuration->Administrative Templates->Windows Components->Application
Compatibility. Do you think it's possible to access this configuration
parameter through application code? I've looked up registry.pol on on MSDN but
not seen anything that leads me directly to this parameter. If it's possible,
Vista specific policy info probably not published on MSDN yet.

Dave