[gptalk] Re: Can Group Policy Settings be accessed and set from an application

  • From: "Webmaster eSupport" <web-master@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 10:54:56 -0400

So if I understand this correctly, it is possible to configure group policies
through an appliction with Microsoft's gpedit.msc application, but Microsoft is
just not sharing the methods with anyone so we're not forced to use their
application. That's unbelievable, but not surprising. Up to now I think most
users do not have a need to touch group policy settings. However, with Vista
Microsoft is relying more heavily on group policy settings for Vista
configuration settings.

Does anyone know a method for accessing group policies specific for Vista.

Dave