[gptalk] Can Group Policy Settings be accessed and set from an application

  • From: "Webmaster eSupport" <web-master@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 09:56:38 -0400

Hello All,

I have an application where I need to manage group policy settings from an
application. I'm new to Group Policies in Windows, have been reading everything
I can find but so far I've not definitive methods which enable group policy
settings to be read and configured from a C++ application. Seems to me that if
group policies can be configured with Windows group policy editor, it must be
possible to implement my own application.

Appreciate any help anyone can provide to get me up to speed on this.

Thanks in advance,

Dave