[gptalk] Re: Birds-of-a-Feather session?

  • From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 13:08:24 -0400

Hi Shane-

I, unfortunately, won't be attending TechEd next month but it would be great
if folks from the GPTalk list were to congregate and meet. It definitely
helps to meet the folks that you correspond with face-to-face every once in
a while! I met Jamie at MMS in Vegas last month and it was great to put a
face to a name after all the great help he provides on this list.

As for Jerry Cruz's BoF session, here's the info again. I encourage everyone
who is going to TechEd to attend.

BOF920 Let's Get Real: What Are "The" Best Practices for Windows Group

Friday, June 13 12:00 PM - 12:45 PM

Moderator: Jerome (Jerry) Cruz

Session Type: Birds of a Feather

3000+ configurable settings with Windows Server 2008 (and almost that many
with Windows Vista) and now they add Group Policy Preference Extensions, why
that's 21 "brand new" sets of things to configure. What's an Admin to do and
where do we start? Should I script it or build an ADM template? Or is that
an ADMX template? Any pros or cons to choosing between them? Can I set
something up with a GPO, but still allow my users to have "some" choice? How
do I do that? Rocket Science seems easier than this. So, last year we talked
about what new things we wanted in the area of Group Policies. Well, we got
a lot of it, now what can we do with it? Let's discuss what the "New Best
Practices" for Group Policies are!