[gptalk] Best practice for Folder Redirection ? - network locations

  • From: "Washington, Booker" <Booker.Washington@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 13:27:13 -0400

I currently have two Folder redirection setups.

On one setup, I have two separate GPO's.  One GPO redirects the My
Documents folder to one network location

The other GPO redirects the desktop to another network location (Same
Server, just a different folder)

The other setup

I have one GPO for both the desktop and My documents.  In that GPO, I
have both items redirected to the same root share, and I configured the
GPO for the basic setting and to create a folder for each user under the
root path

What are the pros and cons of either decision, (i.e what is the best
practice)

In both scenarios, I have the Basic setting and the target folder
location set to Create a folder for each user under the root path

Booker