[gptalk] Re: Authentication

  • From: "Gray Troutman" <jgraytroutman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 08:39:21 -0500

I haven't had to do this since the NT days, but I use to use a variable to
represent the DCs in login scripts, %servername%, which would allow the user
to draw their profile from whichever server answered the fastest.  It's been
about eight years since I've used this and I'm not even sure if it will work
within a GPO, but it may be a direction to look into.

On 9/22/06, Attardo, Joe <Joe_Attardo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Good Morning,

We have many people who travel to other offices as part of their jobs and
the logon experience when they get there is painfully slow. Is there a way
to set a policy so if a user authenticates to a domain controller away from
their "home office" that they will not receive any policies such as a logon
script or folder redirection.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe