[gptalk] Re: Associate file types with programs

  • From: "Nelson, Jamie R" <Jamie.Nelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 12:06:12 -0500

Minesh,

PolicyMaker is now a Microsoft product called Group Policy Preferences
and is available to use for FREE when creating/editing GPOs on a Server
2008 or Vista SP1 RSAT system.

In GPP there is native support for changing file type associations
instead of editing the registry directly or with a registry extension
for Group Policy.

Regards,

Jamie Nelson