[gptalk] Associate file types with programs

  • From: "McDonald, William" <wmcdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 11:06:13 -0700

I found that MS Office SP3 breaks the association between .tif files and
MS Document Imaging. MS's solution is for each user to go in and and
re-create the association in tools>Folder Options>File Types. This is
not practical with our Citrix invironment, because users can't even see
those file options through their published applications, and I don't
want them to either. Has  anyone encountered this? It seems like a GPO
solution should be available.

Regards,
Bill McDonald
Systems Administrator II          Ebara Technologies, Inc.
51 Main Avenue
Sacramento, CA 95838
Direct: (916) 561-4865
Fax: (916) 920-5066