[gptalk] Re: Applying Computer Policies based on User

  • From: Nick Smith <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 23:19:00 +0100

Ok, I'm trying to this another way: I've linked the GPO to the TS OU . This
applies fine. I then tried filtering it by removing Authenticated Users and
adding the users I want it to apply to - doesn't apply. So I tried going the
other way, putting back in Authenticated Users and then putting in one of the
people I don't want the GPO to apply to, going to Advanced Settings and Denying
(in Permissions) Apply Policy. This doesn't seem to work as the GPO applies
even though I have deny in there.

I'm clearly fundamentally misunderstanding something about permissions in GPOs
- can anyone point me in the right direction?