[gptalk] Apply GPO to Computers Only

  • From: "Buonora, Craig \(GE, Research, consultant\)" <buonora@xxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 15:58:56 -0500

I had another issue come up where I need to apply a User configuration
item [remove map network drive] to about 6 computers in my Domain. I
created the GPO, remove the Authenticated Users element from the
delegation - Advance tab, and added my machine names, and click Read and
apply for the permissions to each. I also included Loopback Processing
to Merge with this, I used merge and replace. I cannot get this policy
to apply. This needs to be set on 6 machines that are used by the public
and I do not want to do this locally as I would like to exclude
eventually some NT accounts from the policy so they can log on and do
some admin functionality that involves mapping drives.
Thank again in advance for the help.
Craig M. Buonora
GE Global Research Center
CompuCom Systems, Inc.