[gptalk] Re: Another WMI question for Darren, or anyone else.

  • From: "Bala P" <baluspage@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 13:38:52 +0530

Hi Darren,

I work for AdventNet, the creators of EventLog Analyzer software I referred
to earlier (though I am handling a different product). Forgive me if it
sounded like advertising but that was not my intent. I was just "referring"
to a product (not even recommending) that might be useful to solve a
problem. I am not too aware of other similar products (am not an expert in
this area) so I did not suggest any others. And as for the "free tool" part,
EventLogAnalyzer does have a free version as well.

I would also like to let the moderators of this forum know, that my
suggestions/posts to this forum do not reflect or endorse the views of my
company in any way. But I get the cue. I apologize once again if this was
perceived as advertising.

Bala

On 8/21/06, Darren Mar-Elia <darren@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I want to do my best to ensure that this list does not become an advertising vehicle for commercial software vendors. I know there are a few on the list, so, in the interests of everyone subscribed, please adhere to the following guideline:

- If somebody is asking how to solve a problem for which 3rd party solutions exist, please don't answer with, "my product is how you do that" or something else that is equally biased. If there are multiple vendor solutions to a problem then giving multiple unbiased recommendations on those is the only acceptable response here. Folks are looking for advice, not advertising :-)

If you have a free tool, then that is another story, since we all want to
hear about those (:-)), but only when its relevant to a current question.

In the interests of that, there are lots of low cost commercial products
out there that can monitor for event log occurrences. What'sUp (
http://www.ipswitch.com/products/whatsup/professional/index.asp) and Big
Brother (www.bb4.com) come to mind right away, but I know there are lots
of others.

Thanks much!