[gptalk] Re: Another WMI question for Darren, or anyone else.

  • From: Mathieu CHATEAU <gollum123@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 11:03:25 +0200

Hello Darren,

Would you mind giving an url to your WMI Filter validator ?

Cheers,

Mathieu CHATEAU

http://lordoftheping.blogspot.com

There's no simple answer to this. There's several ways to skin it. You could write a WMI event consumer script (search the TEchNet script center for this) that waits on event log entries and then do something when the event consumer fires. That is pretty straightforward and I wouldn't be surprised if there is an example of that somewhere out there. The concept of a WMI event consumer is basically that your scripts sits and wait on a particular WMI query until its true, then does some set of tasks. That's a real-time type of thing (or near real-time). Other alternatives include just writing a script that runs every so often, looks for a particular event id and then does something. But that isn't as real-time.