[gptalk] Re: Another WMI question for Darren, or anyone else.

  • From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 09:01:25 -0700

There's no simple answer to this. There's several ways to skin it. You could
write a WMI event consumer script (search the TEchNet script center for
this) that waits on event log entries and then do something when the event
consumer fires. That is pretty straightforward and I wouldn't be surprised
if there is an example of that somewhere out there. The concept of a WMI
event consumer is basically that your scripts sits and wait on a particular
WMI query until its true, then does some set of tasks. That's a real-time
type of thing (or near real-time). Other alternatives include just writing a
script that runs every so often, looks for a particular event id and then
does something. But that isn't as real-time.

  _____