[gptalk] Allowing standard users to install ActiveX controls

  • From: "John Everyman" <prankmonkey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 18:18:38 +1100

Is there anyway via policy to allow standard users to install ActiveX
controls via IE7? As an admin, I browse to an internal site and get the
familiar yellow bar saying I need to install the control. As a standard
user, I just get a red X and do not get prompted to install anything. Vista
has an ActiveX control service but we are using XPSP3.