[gptalk] Re: Allowing USB devices through group policy?

  • From: jfvanmeter@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 17:26:24 +0000

Create a policy that only applies to those dozen users, create a custom adm
file that apply these registry key s

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\USBSTOR
Locate the following value:  Start and give it a value of 3 this enable your
computer's ability to use USB, a value of 4 disables the use of USB devices.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\StorageDevicePolicies
Create the following value (DWORD) WriteProtect and give it a value of 0 to
allow writing, a value of 1 stops writing.

Hope this helps

Take Care and Have Fun --john

From: "Jason Williams" <jasonwilliams74@xxxxxxxxx>