[gptalk] Allow access to subdirectory of disallowed drive

  • From: "Greg Moyses" <gmoyses@xxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 17:10:57 -0000

We have an application which tries to open an explorer window pointing
to a subdirectory of a disallowed drive but you get the error that it
has been restricted.

When I say 'disallowed drive' I mean the policy 'Prevent access to
drives from My Computer' is set to restrict the c: drive.

Does anyone know of a way to allow the application (presumably running
as the user)  access to the folder c:\example\test while still
disallowing access other folders on the drive

Server 2003 and XP client.

You might be interested in this...

*** Adobe Creative Suite 4 now available on the basement ***
Massive discounts for full-time school students and their parents
on Microsoft and Adobe software, plus earn cash back for your school
on every purchase!

P.S. Think Green - don't print this email unless you really need to.

This message is confidential, so please treat it appropriately and for its
intended purpose only.  In particular, if it refers to any technical data,
terms or prices not generally available or known, such items are "commercially
sensitive information" within the terms of the Freedom of Information Act 2000
and related laws.  As it would be prejudicial to RM's commercial interests if
these were disclosed, please refrain from doing so.

As Internet communications are not secure, please be aware that RM cannot
accept responsibility for its contents.  Any views or opinions presented are
those of the author only and not of RM.  If you are not the intended recipient
of this e-mail, please accept our apologies and arrange for copies of it to be
deleted.  For your information, RM may intercept incoming and outgoing email

RM Education plc
Registered Office: New Mill House, 183 Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14
4SE, England
Registered Number: 1148594