[gptalk] Re: Adding an account to a local group

  • From: "Jason B. Halladay" <jason@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 09:42:00 -0600

Thanks Darren. I'll take a look (again) at that. I remembered that we also use the start script to remove certain groups from the local administrators group so we'll need to continue with the scripts or go to GPPs. I just worked with GPPs yesterday for the first time (in a class) and am very impressed with what can be done now using said GPPs. Many of the tasks that we currently use GPO startup scripts to do can now be done much easier and cleaner using GPPE. Now to deploy the GPP CSEs to all our clients.... :)

Jason

On 6/18/08 8:48 AM, Darren Mar-Elia wrote:

Jason-

There are two sides to Restricted Groups. If you open the dialog you see "Members of this Group" at the top and "This group is a member of" at the bottom. So, lets say you wanted to add the "Help Desk Admins" group to the local Administrators group on a set of workstations. You would right-click the Restricted Groups node, choose Add Group and enter in or browse "Help Desk Admins". Then, in the "This group is a member of" dialog, you would add the local Administrators group and, voilá!

Hope that helps.

Darren