[gptalk] Re: Adding an account to a local group

  • From: "Nelson, Jamie" <Jamie.Nelson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 08:58:15 -0500

You can do this with Restricted Groups policy. Normally people think of
it as only able to mirror the membership listed (I was one of them), but
you can actually use it to "add" a member without removing any of the
existing ones.

Other options would be to use a computer startup script, or the GPP
extensions. GPP doesn't REQUIRE 2008 Server to work;  you just have to
have it or Vista SP1 (with RSAT pack) from which to create/edit GPOs
utilizing those extensions.

Jamie Nelson | Infrastructure Consultant | BI&T Operations | Devon
Energy | Work: 405.552.8054 | http://www.dvn.com <http://www.dvn.com/>