[gptalk] Re: Adding MSI package to GP

  • From: "Northwood, Ian" <Ian.Northwood@xxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 14:57:48 +0100

Thanks for the prompt responses, Darren.

Of course. I understand the uniqueness of GUIDs: I just don't want to mess
things up if I create a package with a GUID that my script creates when it
ought to use an existing one, like the main GPO's or something.

I think I'll create a non-contentious group with a non-contentious MSI (have it
copy something to %TEMP%, say) and see what happens. Be sure to look out for my
CV on the job sites afterwards...LOL

Almost there...

Thanks again.